When it comes to heart health, your daily habits can make a huge difference.
The key to a happy heart is a healthy heart. Taking good care of yourself helps lower your risk for heart disease.
A heart attack can happen without warning.
Different types of heart diseases:
- Coronary artery disease: This is when the arteries are blocked, damaged or diseased causing a heart attack
- Congestive heart failure: A chronic condition where there is fluid buildup in the heart chambers and the heart can’t pump blood as well as it should.
- Arrhythmias: An Irregular heartbeat, too fast or too slow. This can make you feel weak and tired.
- Heart valve disease: One or more of the heart valves don’t work as they should causing a disruption to your body’s blood flow.
- Congenital heart diseases: An abnormality or defect of the heart that developed before birth.
- Heart muscle disease: This is a hereditary disease causing the heart to be enlarged, heart walls thickened and/or stiffened. This disease gets worse as time passes and the heart muscle gets larger or tissue stiffens.
- Pericarditis: The swelling of the heart membrane (pericardium) due to infection, trauma or other diseases.
There is a vast difference between signs of heart diseases and a heart attack. Heart disease can lead to a heart attack